Making Money With Revver: Top 10 Tips for Video Creators
I'll update these as we continue, but here are my Top-10 tips for Making Money on Revver. Before you read them, you may want to check out my spoof on this subject...
- Revver is a tool, not a huge portal (yet). Once you tag your videos, you still need to get them on sites beyond Revver if you want more than 20-50 people seeing it.
- Keep 'em short: 15-30 seconds are best. Sometimes you can go longer, but you're wasting your time beyond 3 minutes. There are other channels for longer clips.
- Avoid content you don't own. You'll eventually get pulled. I've gotten phone calls about using music I don't own, so...
- Use royalty free music or create your own in Garageband or other music programs. It's easier than you think.
- Thumbnails sell- even more than the name. Choose wisely.
- Keywords are important, but don't just use all the hot ones. Eventually Revver will place less importance on each one like Google does.
- Don't pander for ad clicks. Believe me- I've tried everything. Your ad click depends on the content and the placement (certain sites that syndicate Revver videos get as high as 30% click throughs, but typically you can expect 3-4%. That number will go down over time- which is why you need volume. Most banners get less than .05 percent clicks on other sites.
- Market your videos- send to friends, family and co-workers. Ask them to patronize the advertiser- not just click the ad. If Revver doesn't provide advertisers with revenue then the whole model fails. Consider the advertiser's perspective- a click doesn't make you money.
- Think about your title carefully.
- Revver is enabling RSS, so people can subscribe to certain keywords. Should be a nice way for other portals to discover good Revver videos.
More as things develop!
Please post your learnings if you'd like.