Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Getting Traffic from YouTube

I've discovered that my videos on YouTube are getting way more traffic than the Revver ones. See www.youtube.com and search Nalts. But of course I don't make a dime, which is why I didn't even notice this traffic until recently. I do like that people can post comments. I should read them.

So here's an idea inspired, in part, by Fuzzy putting the YouTube protest video up. We Revverites create our videos with a Revver plug at the end (my Revverberation.com logo serves that end). Sooner or later the YouTube viewers start seeing the name Revver a lot. Then one of two things happens:

1) YouTube decides to share ad revenue (though I doubt it)
2) Even better, Revver gets more traffic and we get greater visibility on our Revver videos... and actually make money!

2 Comments:

At 3/10/2006 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not revtag your video first, and then put it on YouTube? Then when people watch at YouTube, they will see the Revver ad at the end and some people will click, and you'll make money.

 
At 3/11/2006 2:59 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Very good question. I tried submitting Revtag videos to YouTube and Google. However they convert them to flash and strip the Revtags right off. If someone has a work-around, please let me know. In the meanwhile, I'm hoping Revver develops the same relationship with Macromedia that it has with Quicktime.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home