Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ideas at Revver.com

Revver has a new e-mail address for your ideas... Ideas at Revver.com (replace at with @). This way we won't be feeding the competition while we try to make Revver a better place.

Having spent hours going through the music pieces on Revver to populate a new Cubebreak.com music section, I have one idea... can't we choose how we rank videos within a topic area? It would be great to list by views or by ratings so I can at least have a starting point. I can't BELIEVE how many music videos have been on Revver for months with fewer than 5 or 10 views. I suppose the length is what's killing them. Plus- people have a lot of other choices to see music videos.

4 Comments:

At 3/25/2006 10:24 PM, Anonymous Robyn Tippins said...

Nalts,

I featured snippets of a couple of your vids on my blog (blog.mooble.com) and on our vidcast (same url).

The videographer left one of your videos intact, completely, in the video by mistake. I am so sorry about that. It IS on the blog still, but I did ask her not to ever do that again.

-- Robyn

 
At 3/26/2006 4:30 PM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

Thanks SO much for featuring Jason Luckett's "Democracy at the Point of a Gun" in your music vid section at cubebreak.com, Nalts! Again, the "red chair" awaits you and your talented family...

 
At 3/26/2006 6:27 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I noticed on Revver that one of the uploader persons had some trouble correcting their Portrait-aspect videos for the Landscape-aspect world of Revver.

QuickTime Pro has a fast fix for this and is an inexpensive video editing program. I was wondering if there are other programs your readers know of that easily change Portrait-filmed videos into Landscape-oriented videos.

QuickTime's fix: Open the video in QT Pro, menu item Window>cmd J (Show Movie Properties)>highlight 'video track' and select 'visual settings' and choose the 'flip/rotate' box that turns your Portrait Revver side up (or upside down if you want).

Your portrait-to-landscape will look a little skewed, but who told you to film in Portrait mode in the first place!?

Just kidding. You can easily fix the skew in Photoshop, but Photoshop is NOT an inexpensive program.

Are there any experts out there who can tell me how to fix this in imovie? I'm curious. Or so I've been told.

 
At 2/11/2007 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like your site about cash flow quadrant rich dad guide to financial freedom.
I've got a new site about cash flow quadrant rich dad guide to financial freedom.
Please come check it out.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home