Monday, March 13, 2006

Keyword Crunch

Wow. Just tried uploading a video, and couldn't find the upload button. So I tried the upload client, and it made me upgrade to the Revver client 1.0. The surprising limitation? THREE KEYWORDS. That's it. No more bloating our videos with dozens of description tags.

Given that I always want to tag my video with "Nalts," that leaves me with only two more words. Can this be right? How will I ever decide what to use?

I would make the following unsolicited suggestion to Revver on this one... If you want to organize the videos, I would recommend the YouTube approach. Make submitters select from a group of about 12 categories. Then Revver (and its syndicating) can be able to organize the videos accordingly. Further, this would result in easier syndication. If wanted to scrape the humor videos, I'd RSS the tag "humor" (instead of having to try every synonym like comedy, funny, fun, etc.

1 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 10:40 AM, Anonymous rob said...

Once the videos are up on the site, you can still go into "My Videos" and add more keywords, etc.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home