Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Where's All my Revver Money? And Why's My Lip All Busted Up?

I created Revverberation.com as a place in which people new to Revver can learn about how to optimize their earnings from Revver. But today's posts gave Revver posters a chance to discuss how they have (or haven't) been making money on their work.

Here's the thread that is worth reading if you're a regular Revver poster: Click here.

To summarize the posts, here are the 6 big things we learned today:
1) Your paypal earnings are based on hitting $20 of ad revenue PER VIDEO. That means that it's not the quantity it's the quality. 50 low performing videos won't help you as much as one that does well. This is disappointing because many of us thought the payments are based on the total account balance per user.
2) Some people have been paid, and others are still waiting for payments. Revver is still in Beta so I'm not worried that I haven't yet seen a Paypal payment despite the fact that my account balance is growing. That said, I'm investing my time with Revver in the hopes that my income will grow as Revver becomes more popular.
3) Click fraud hurts creators and Revver. To be fair to advertisers, Revver adjusted payments to creators (and, presumably, itself). To understand click fraud, I recommend this Wikipedia posting on the subject: ClickFraud.
4) Revver's policy on copyrighted material is unrelated to click fraud. Revver is more vigilante than other video posting sites about ensuring that it rewards original creators as opposed to those people trying to profit on other people's videos (OPV). I'm annoyed that I can't score my videos with public music, but I understand why. Some of us have had videos pulled down by accident, but Revver's Rob is pretty good about fixing these.
5) Nalts' wife isn't the only one wondering why her husband is obsessed with Revver, and when it will payoff. Maybe the Revverite wives need a blog -- as therapy.
6) Some of us believe that Revver should fly us all out to California to learn about this stuff first hand. I couldn't agree more. Let's hope they let us bring our wives before they shut us all down.

Thanks for your postings- glad this can be a forum for clarity here.

P.S. This post's title is paying tribute to a famous line from a certain comedian. Anyone pick up the reference?

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Instead of flying video posters out to California, maybe they could mail us comic books ... as in the following:
http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2006/03/fighting_copyright_i.html

 
At 3/16/2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2006/03/fighting_copyright_i.html

 
At 3/16/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

_copyright_i.html

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home