Friday, March 03, 2006

YouTube blah, blah, blah

Okay... YouTube is getting some good press lately in a variety of publications. The recent Business 2.0 called them out and left Revver.com out.

Here's my beef with YouTube:
a) No ad revenue for creators
b) I'm lost in an ocean of stuff
c) I can't set my thumbnails
d) No ad revenue for creators
e) They do nothing about copyrighted stuff

I do like that you can post comments, though. Hopefully Revver will facilitate that.

I have a few videos up on YouTube.com (search Nalts) but have't posted in a while. I'm thinking the Revver model has bettter legs. From where I sit, the biggest YouTube vs. Revver issue is that there's no reward to post (other than free sharing your stuff).

5 Comments:

At 3/06/2006 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

will Revver offer third party video sharing companies like ClipShack to host Revver's ads within their vids?

 
At 3/07/2006 2:53 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Good question. The answer, I believe, is yes. However ClipShack (like many video providers) uses Flash instead of Quicktime. If I submit my video to any provider using Flash it's stripped of the ad (which requires Quicktime to support the ad serving). So ClipShack should figure out a way to have some of its videos served via Quicktime (and then they can loot Revver.com all they'd like).

 
At 3/07/2006 12:41 PM, Blogger Daniel S. said...

I agree with the 5 points you make.

 
At 3/07/2006 8:00 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

Check out Fuzzy Momani's spoof on Revver vs. YouTube:

http://revver.com/video/16135/6200/

 
At 3/09/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Daniel S. said...

sure thing.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home