Monday, April 10, 2006

The Elephant in the Room: Copyright Infringement

"The Internet is NOT about closed environments, but the elephant in the room is copyright infringement," said Steven Starr, founder of Revver, at a recent Digital Hollywood conference. Should it surprise us that Starr hit on the subject of copyright infringement? Anyway, I found this weird blog that has one page of notes from the fourth day of the event..

What makes this event so unusual is that it was attended by all of these founders, presidents and SVPs of video startups... as well as Keith Richman, CEO, Break.com. Now I know NOTHING about Keith Richman. I haven't even Googled him yet. But based on my time on his site, I just have this image of him sitting in the back of the room in a tight t-shirt and jeans, chuckling and holding a dirty martini. He signals to the founder of IDoNothingAllDay.com, and they both head down to the hotel bar to avoid the last speaker of the day.

3 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 9:11 PM, Blogger idonothingallday said...

long way to go before i get to break.com status at least in terms of traffic.

i actually admire the work and the growth of tuckermax's growing online empire

 
At 4/11/2006 2:46 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

First- thanks for the FesteringAss link. Second, thanks for showing me that you can link in a post. Third, keep up the videos. There are two people GUARANTEED to be mentioned when Revver starts getting coverage. You and James. It's so compelling. A guy that walks around NYC and videotapes hot women. A former homeless agoraphobic vet that is the modern day Vangot?

 
At 4/11/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Thanks, Kevin. As a guy who has contributed 5 percent of Revver's total content (and hopes to make it 10), I hope I can continue uploading quality material like which gas station to buy crack at in Gardena and where to go to in Valley Village to attend a swinging Santaria.

I loved Manhattan, idonothing! A hooker took me there once to act as her bodyguard. Great city! The people in New York are a lot friendlier than the ones I met in L.A.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home