Thursday, April 27, 2006

ExpoTV- a note from the president


I give credit to any company brave enough to engage a blogger. ExpoTV's president wrote a nice note:

"Hi, hope you are doing well. I wanted to let you know how much we’ve been enjoying your videos. “Over Expo” was hilarious…I got completely suckered into it and my eyes almost popped out when the hammer came down. It led me to follow the trail to cubebreak, where my favorite video so far is “inside cubebreak”…a frighteningly real description of life in a start-up."

I told him about Revverberation, and let him know that the Revver fans were a little annoyed by the flood of ExpoTV videos. I was impressed with his reaction. "Thanks much; we hadn’t found your blog & it has made for instructive reading. We failed to appreciate both how much we might overload the infrastructure and that our stuff was too far outside what the community is looking for at the moment."

He also explained why my recent ExpoTV video hadn't made it online yet. I registered this week and did a product review of Revver.com as a satire (pointing out that Revver's only flaw was the flood of product reviews)... I was wondering if they'd catch it and drop it. As it turns out they don't accept reviews of website.

2 Comments:

At 4/28/2006 12:40 AM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

Outstanding Nalts! Also, bonus points for ExpoTV.

 
At 4/28/2006 2:44 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Failure to appreciate (anticipate) one's audience / market is a sure sign of a poor marketing team.

One of my Business Administration professors at St. Mary's U. had a sign over his door which read:

"Abandon all hope, ye who don't know your demographics."

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home