Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Free Revver Niche For Sale

Okay- we all have our little Revver niches. I'd like to take a page off the playbook of "IDoNothingAllDay" (who will soon pass me as the #8 Revver submitter). I don't think it's exactly legal in some states, which is why I'm offering it to you, dear Revverberation readers, instead of pursuing it on my own.

Here's the gig. You hide a camera in your hat and embarass or provoke people in stores or on the street. Keep them to 20-40 second bits. Get 20-30 of these going and you'll have a following... it's Jerkey Boys meet Candid Camera.

From the X10 folks who pioneered annoying pop-up windows (and no doubt had copyrighters that formerly wrote Sea Monkey ads you read in comic books).... we now have a super secret wireless camera. There are lot of these on the market, mind you, but this one has such a cheesy ad and a low price point, that I hope one of you will buy and test it. Not it.

4 Comments:

At 4/19/2006 4:49 PM, Blogger idonothingallday said...

whoa, before anyone else besides Gawker jumps on me I'd like to point out that I actually use a fairly large Sony digital camera that stays in plain view.

The majority of the videos I have posted, I approached the girls beforehand and got their permission. This is the model that I am using going forward as I am concerned about my own image and don't want to come across as a total voyeuristic creep. i'll miss out on some shots but it will move me more in the direction that i eventually want to get to anyway.

My understanding is that even without permission that this is legal. Look at Girls Gone Wild. Part of the defense was that he was filming a documentary. I consider my work to be a documentary. I think of it as docureality.

 
At 4/19/2006 4:52 PM, Blogger idonothingallday said...

whoa, before anyone else besides Gawker jumps on me I'd like to point out that I actually use a fairly large Sony digital camera that stays in plain view.

The majority of the videos I have posted, I approached the girls beforehand and got their permission. This is the model that I am using going forward as I am concerned about my own image and don't want to come across as a total voyeuristic creep. i'll miss out on some shots but it will move me more in the direction that i eventually want to get to anyway.

My understanding is that even without permission that this is legal. Look at Girls Gone Wild. Part of the defense was that he was filming a documentary. I consider my work to be a documentary. I think of it as docureality.

 
At 4/19/2006 5:43 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Who's Gawker? And is that Sony digital the same one Robert Rodriguez used in his "Mariachi" film? If so, can I borrow it?

BTW, have you seen the 10-minute "How To" movies Robert puts in the Special Features Section on his DVDs? Hilarious. And one special was about how to make a full-length feature movie in one's living room (using a Mac). Great technical stuff.

 
At 4/20/2006 7:44 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

http://www.gawker.com/

Source for Manhattan media gossip

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home