Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It's "Open Mike Night" on the Old Information Superhigway

What did I do before Revver? I can't remember. At 5:00 a.m., what did I watch? How did I use my time before I could safely watch the musings of a former homeless agoraphobic vet? Did I actually have to drive to NYC to stalk women on cell phones? Was there a time when a red chair was just a red chair? A guy that exploits his kids for profit (which is just plain wrong).

What did I look forward to seeing on the web? The latest issue of TheOnion? A caption-the-cartoon blog by Jim Meskimen, the voice of JibJab?

Now it's "open mike night" on the information superhighway. And I don't mind sitting through some bad acts to see some of the most interesting things available since this crazy world-wide web fad started.

P.S. If you're a regular Revver reader you have a free pass to be included on www.iforgotthedomain.com. Let me know. Again- the idea is that nobody can remember how to spell Revver much less how to find your videos. So this URL works as a path- it lives on CubeBreak, but I'm not trying to weasel my way into an affiliate fee here. Straight path.

12 Comments:

At 4/11/2006 4:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I coMment using my blackberry?

Riding the treadmill
Rolling stones dvd playing
Sweat to the oldies

 
At 4/11/2006 5:38 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Yes you can. And I can blog from my Blackberry, but I'm afraid it will include my e-mail footer.

 
At 4/11/2006 10:42 AM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

Hey, Nalty!
Thank you SOOOO much for the plug!
What's going down today at revver, though? The majority of my revver links (and everyone else's) are broken!!! Are you seeing this, too?
Big X & O from the hot red chair!
DW

 
At 4/11/2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

Whew! I just posted...and they fixed it within seconds! Revver is better than the NSA at monitoring us! Hi, Rob! Hi, Ian! (tee-hee)

 
At 4/11/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

I may be wrong, but I'm betting on coincidence here. The thumbnails have been loading slow all day, so I took it for a network problem on my side. Sounds like it's on theres. Probably a problem with the virtual tributary that allows for ad drop multiplexing of subrate traffic.

 
At 4/11/2006 12:54 PM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

You typed: "Probably a problem with the virtual tributary that allows for ad drop multiplexing of subrate traffic."
What-ty, what, what? Easy for you to say! You speakin' Arabic? ;-)

 
At 4/11/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

It might be the virtual tributary or it might be Homeland Security again. It's a little known fact that the dept has a contract security guard in the basement of LAX monitoring all blog and vlog traffic. He slows the net down every time a new issue of Juggs Magazine comes out. I know, I've been in their dumpsters and have seen all the back issues.

 
At 4/12/2006 1:54 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Oh, and you started this whole post with "What did I do before Revver?"

Well, having a wife and FOUR kids, I have a suspicion of what you were doing at least some of the time.

Which leads me to my alternate world slogan for Revver:

"Revver:Pennies from heaven and contraceptive, too!"

Hahaha! I crack myself up sometimes.

 
At 4/12/2006 5:43 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

It is true that Revver is my contraceptive. We might have had a 5th child if I wasn't so obsessed.

Last night I took my son to the ER (I'm thinking of Revvering his giant swollen eye from a playground injury) and Blackberrying about Revver while holding an ice pack on his little head. Come to think of it, if I Revver his swollen eye I'm going to have child-protective services on me thinking that his injury was a result of "dwarf tossing."

 
At 4/12/2006 8:33 AM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

Yes! My next vid: Dwarf-tossing from the red chair while wearing my red bikini for the guys in the basement of LAX...Thanks, Nalts and Jarvy! I'll definitely give you co-screenwriting credits! ;-)
Gotta go now...Got a script to write!

 
At 4/12/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I'd try to beat you to the punch on this video idea, Dawn, but since my move from L.A. to Dallas, I can't find MY red bikini anywhere.

 
At 4/12/2006 5:48 PM, Anonymous Dawn Westlake said...

Logitech probably makes a webcam where you can download a red bikini, Jarv, to place strategically over your naughty bits, once they've been tracked! No excuses now, come on! Let's see it! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home