Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Most Popular Video Sites (Alexa)

Here's a surprise. When I visited Blinkx for the first time, I automatically assumed that it had more regular visitors than Revver. Not true according to this Alexa research on site rank of internet video sites conducted by Scott from VideoOnTheWeb.

Take this with a pinch of salt because Alexa* isn't actual data, but rather a sample of people that accept the Alexa toobar and agree to be tracked. It's not unlike Nielsen ratings (who, I suspect, will soon be squeezing their way into measuring online videos if they haven't already started).

That said, check out Revver's sweet top 10 spot... well ahead of Blinkx.com:

Alexa Rank Video Website
58 youtube.com
1,652 zippyvideos.com
4,353 bolt.com
4,801 dailymotion.com
7,308 vsocial.com
9,871 vimeo.com
10,560 revver.com
11,112 ourmedia.org
12,222 gofish.com
17,077 grouper.com
19,531 castpost.com
24,779 veoh.com
36,324 clipshack.com
43,700 blinkx.tv
129,129,120 cubebreak.com (kidding)

Note- this may not capture all of the videosites, but most of the larger ones. Thanks, Scott, for the research.

* If you visit Alexa.com you'll see a March 10 story about YouTube's rapid growth in traffic.

6 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 7:20 PM, Anonymous rob said...

It is my understanding that alexa only registers actual visits to your site, not videos that are referred via other sites (i.e. cubebreak, etc.), btw.

 
At 4/05/2006 8:14 PM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

-- Sorry Different subject --
Nalts, you know how I am about typos, well I was trying to tell Snarfware that their Revver ad has a typo in it (it says fast as "lighting" instead of fast as "lightning"). I went to their site to tell them and sent them an e-mail about it. This is what they sent back.

"All support is handled via our forums.

http://www.snarfware.com/forum/

Thanks,
Team Snarware"

I wonder if that's their standard response (automated) to e-mails? But I shouldn't be surprised they have a typo on their ad, they misspelled their name in their e-mail.

Anyway, I took a step to notify them, I can’t believe they kicked it back to me. I’m not impressed. (And here's the Revver related question) Do you know if the ads change on our videos, or are we stuck with the same ad?

 
At 4/05/2006 11:23 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

The ads change on myne.

 
At 4/06/2006 12:03 AM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

James Jarvis, he-he! Nice typo!!!
(I deserve that!)

 
At 4/06/2006 12:37 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

AQUADAD:

Clint Eastwood in "Unforgiven":
"It ain't about deserves . . ."

:)

 
At 4/06/2006 4:16 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

So AquaDad not only helped Revverbrroration with a tipo yestrday but he made Nalts feel bettter about his lame videos. Thanxs.

RRR: If you're right about Alexa (and I would suspect you are), then you're probably in the top 5 if not top 3. It's my understanding that the bulk of RevTagged videos are being served on other sites (not Revver.com). For instance, I get about 500-800 people a day on CubeBreak and you wouldn't get any credit for that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home