Monday, April 10, 2006

Petition for Revverberation Link on Revver.com


I've asked Revver for a link to Revverberation on the homepage. Or at least off of the "official Revver blog."

Here are a few reasons. Anyone want to sign the petition? Just post something here.
1) Help Content Providers: There are plenty of tips on this blog that can help content providers draw more traffic and increase revenue. These folks can't find that information on Revver.com.
2) Help Advertisers: There is some content here that helps advertisers better use Revver.com (having better "calls to action"). By day, I buy online ads, so I know how these folks thing. Okay- not all online media buyers actually think. But you get the idea.
3) Precedence: Even Google Video links to fan sites. If this was Googleberation I'd have a zillion people here a day.
4) Traffic: People tend to go to Revver.com after leaving Revverberation.com. I have some data that suggests as much as 5% of March traffic to Revver.com came from this blog alone. I'm actually buying keywords on Google to drive traffic, and losing money on it since the revenue from the ads surrounding this content is about 26 cents to date.
5) Frequent Updates: Rob and Nicole are the primary updaters of the official Revver Blog, but they often go a week or two between posts. We post neurotically here at Revverberation.com.

I even promised Revver that -- in exchange for a link -- I wouldn't sound off as much about Revver knockoffs. Although that's pretty easy, given that there are only two other websites that help content providers get paid: one site that has me under a "cease and desist" and the other that charges visitors for videos, which isn't right for most of us.

6 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I vote YES! I'm all for the Revverberation-Revver link.

And, uh, is the name "Googleberation" taken yet?

 
At 4/10/2006 1:23 PM, Blogger idonothingallday said...

i second the motion...
also for a traffic campaign the folks at Revver should find some popular folks on Myspace and pay them to place Revver videos on their profile pages.

and now i am going to try and pick your brain a little bit...

which, i think proves that you should have a link since I came to you first with these questions...

revver stats...

what is the difference between video impressions, video downloads, and revver downloads?

----
when do you think we might start to see video ads show up at the end of our videos (revver or someone else)?

 
At 4/10/2006 1:44 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

Thanks for the support. I think Googleberation is available for you squatters out there.

Video impressions are when someone views the video. Video downloads are when someone saves it. I think RRR addressed the difference between a Revver vs. a Video download, but I can't find it (even searching this blog).

I think you raise a GREAT question about video ads (vs. the single frame ads). I would be surprised if Revver didn't move in that direction. It's not much more obstrusive than a single frame ads. What's a nuisance, however, is the 15/30 second ad BEFORE the content. I'll wait that long for a JibJab cartoon but not much else.

 
At 4/10/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

IMPRESSIONS VRS VIEWS
Holy moley, that means over 100,000 people started to look at my videos but only about 20,000 watched all the way through!? I gotta start shaving more often and spiffing up the first few seconds of my content.

I think that Cubebreak, and perhaps Revver, should have a separate section for videos under 10 seconds for those 80,000 who couldn't finish watching my vids. They could call it "Short Attention Span Theater"

I know that I myself asked about the difference between Revver downloads and viewer downloads in this very blog, but I don't remember ever getting an answer. Curious minds want to know.

 
At 4/10/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

Someone find out if RevverADHD.com is available. A special site for those of us with low attention span.

Actually- I do find once I get used to online clips (which are typically 10-45 seconds) it's increasingly difficult to watch short films on iFilm and other sites.

I didn't realize we could track our opened video vs. completed video ratio. Can we? That might depress me.

Someone check RRR's pulse. It's as if he has a job or something.

 
At 4/11/2006 12:35 AM, Anonymous Rob said...

Rob can be so completely unreliable sometimes, eh?

Nalts - you serious? With great power comes great responsibility, someone once said, and then died.

We're about a week from launching our forums, that's a step in a similar direction. I think I mentioned needing some moderators - didn't I?

Shoot me an e-mail to discuss this when you can, you've got the address.

Rob

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home