Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Quantity Over Quality

James Jarvis just admitted, publicly on this blog, to having posted a new video everyday for the past 42 days. This is amazing considering each of his 300 plus videos look like they take hours to produce- BTW- see CubeBreak today as he's this week's featured Cube Prisoner. I'm guessing Revver is sitting on about 1,000 hours of his work easily.

It got me thinking... there's something to be said about sheer quantity. I may start going for less polished, more frequent pieces. Maybe just a 8 second video of me farting.

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be great if Revver allowed us to list creators by number of videos? I've often wondered where I rank at about 80 videos. RRR- can you have that new Ajax guy get working on that?

8 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Actually, those 42 days were between October and December and somewhere in mid-November I noticed there was a Revverite (uploader) who seemed to have cornered the market on fart videos. Each to his own niche, I guess.

As far as I know, I am in the lead with the most crap dumped on Revver (329). Second place seems to be Prince Charles with 296. Catch me if you can.

 
At 4/05/2006 3:37 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Actually, I'm averaging over TWO movies a day. Doing them isn't hard, it's thinking them up (and finding harddrive space for them on my anemic laptop).

 
At 4/05/2006 3:40 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Folks, visit JamesJarvis.net and click "donate" on the Paypal button. Proceeds to fund his new Seagate 160 GB external drive (which was on severe discount at CircuitCity or BestBuy recently). Check www.Slickdeals.com for more.

We can't have the Marqui bottnecked by storage space.

 
At 4/05/2006 3:53 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

(drool) Great idea! With 160 GB, I could rule the world (of crappy little out-of-contest videosities).

 
At 4/05/2006 7:18 PM, Anonymous rob said...

marquisdejolie is #1 at 335 public vids
nalts is at #8 with 90

 
At 4/06/2006 4:30 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Well I stopped to a new low yesterday and made a video of me farting. That'll bring me up to 91, which will hopefully maintain my status in the Revver top 10.

Can I suggest that Revver post a top 10 list (until I fall off)? Nice way to recognize the folks contributing the most, and it would create another incentive to keep us regular. Not Muslix regular, of course.

 
At 4/06/2006 11:56 AM, Anonymous rob said...

I like the idea. Let's see, but Jarvis is still the Lope de Vega of these things, top ten or not.

 
At 4/07/2006 6:36 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Rob:
I'm flattered, but couldn't you have picked somebody to reference other than a guy who died a pauper?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home