Thursday, April 20, 2006

Revver Profile Sharing: Facilitating Community


In a recent post, a regular Revverberation reader revealed that he'd like to communicate with fellow Revver contributors. However most of us don't reveal our profile information (as noted by a recent anonymous poster) because it's more than we're comfortable sharing.

Revver- can you please allow us to list an e-mail address alone? That way people can contact us, but we don't have to worry about being stalked. I had a friend just yesterday tell me he was a victim of identity theft, but I worry more about some creep seeing my kids and wanting to visit. That's why I keep lots of guns, and I'm pretty psyched to have a next-door neighbor who is a state trouper (and spends most of his home time, oddly, staring out the window).

By the way- there's a fantastic new feature that's coming from Revver (one of the few secrets I've been permitted to see) that will address this better than profile sharing. May even make this blog obsolete!

P.S. In a great moment of irony, the Blogger spell-check feature doesn't recognize the word "blog."

1 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, "sharing" can be really bad on the internet...Just for having opinions about things that are "out and about" on the 'net, I've had people do extensive research on me, and then send death threats to my house and p.o. box. Someone also tried to sabotage my career by publishing untrue, baseless gossip. So, I don't do "profiles".

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home