Monday, April 10, 2006

Top 10 Video Sharing Sites Reviewed: Vimeo, Eyespot, Jumpcut, OurMedia, VSocial, Google Video, Grouper, Revver, VideoEgg, YouTube (by DVGuru)

The DVGuru just did a fantastic review of the best video sharing services, including: Vimeo, EyeSpot, JumpCut, OurMedia, VSocial, Google Video, Grouper, Revver, VideoEgg and YouTube.

I encourage you to read the full report because it's balanced and thorough, but here are some highlights.
>> Seems uploading problems are a problem beyond Revver. Nothing will frustrate someone like having to upload multiple times or wait for days (Google). Vimeo seems to have figured this out best.
>> Different sites for different occasions. Some are best for editing, others for sharing. Right now the only ways to make money appear to be Revver and Google Video. There's a third , but I'm afraid to write about it.
>>Once again, video sites are looked upon as trying to be the FlickR of online videos. Why does everyone use that analogy?

>>Bottom line:

a) Use JumpCut for editing (see recent JumpCut announcement on Revverberation). I tried using it after some good feedback from the recent post, but it wasn't accepting my videos. Nothing happened when I hit upload.
b) Vimeo seems like "one to watch."
c) YouTube continues its reign. "Mind-share winner by a mile."

Looks like DVGuru is going to keep watching Revver. Anyway, I'm glad to finally see Revver surfacing in these sites. It just goes to show that you can get SOME press by just having a good product. However a little PR would help, folks!

1 Comments:

At 4/10/2006 9:46 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I've uploaded to all these sites and I've noticed that there are various times of the day or night when certain ones aren't accepting uploads. Maintenance, I guess. I've had a very good experience with JumpCut.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home