Saturday, April 22, 2006

Video on the Web


The other spectrum of the integrated TV/web model I just described was ironically driven home soon after I completed my last post.

I heard a terrifying scream from the other room as my 3-year-old accidentally fallen off his NickJr.com online video game and landed on the homepage, which had streaming video for parents. The horror.

So NickJr is treating its site like a little television station, using all of the best-practices of "The Curse of the Babbling Video Player." We give NickJr a "thumbs up" for integrating short-form television on the website. But a big "thumbs down" for presuming we want to watch it by having it load automatically.

Said Nalts of Revverberation.com, "It's an absolute 'worst practice' for welcoming visitors to your site is to start pushing flash, music and video at them before they feel in control. It's like selling Amway to dinner guests." (You know your ego is getting out of control when you start quoting yourself as a third party).

8 Comments:

At 4/22/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Hey, Kevin, you're coming up fast on 100 videos in Revver! Perhaps your centennial movie could be a montage of the funniest moments in each of them, climaxed by, uh, something. Your Revver check? One of your kids bragging to somebody else's kid that his dad is a 'movie producer'?

I haven't thought this out.

 
At 4/22/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

BTW: Do you know where I can score some SA8?

 
At 4/23/2006 4:46 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

"Nothing says more about you than your appearance."

http://www.amway.com/en/HomeCare/sa8-10319.aspx

 
At 4/23/2006 4:46 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/23/2006 2:23 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I'm curious about the comment you had to delete. Anything interesting? Laundry soap related?

 
At 4/23/2006 4:14 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

Oh I just messed up the first time I posted the Amway URL. Nothing saucy.

 
At 9/27/2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Hi my friends! I'm writing to you because I just came across a business that I think has great potential. It lets you save money on almost everything. Make money from almost everything, Including home loans- plus... help lower your taxes--best of all--it requires absolutely no investment. I thought you might be interested and like to check it out...

Here I have a network marketing site/blog. It successfully covers network marketing related stuff and almost everything else!

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

 
At 2/14/2007 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your blog - ali cs.css css tiscali. I have just signed up to talktalk broadband and is an absolutely superb deal. I get free telephone calls 24/7 plus free 8Mb/s broadband (which is lightening fast btw). I would definitely recommend talktalk broadband for anyone in the uk. Also available at www.bargainplace.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home