Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What the hell is a podcast?


Where I work, everyone's hot on Podcasts. Video is much better for those of us with eADHD, but Podcasting is still fun. Adam Curry, former MTV host, is the "pod father" who brought it to life. I met him at one of our events in Seattle and he gave me permission to call myself podson.

Podcasting is about as misunderstood as any technology. Patrick Morehead from Avenue-A Razorfish published this piece that sets the record straight.

BTW- if you want to find out just how good a Podcast can be, try one of the most popular... the Ricky Gervais show (he's the star of the U.K. version of "The Office"). I want to be him when I grow up. Or Adam, but I don't have enough hair.

1 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 12:18 AM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

Really interesting article, it answered quite a few questions for me that I had about podcasting.

My favorite podcast is from a site called www.izzyvideo.com. The guy makes a weekly video that revolves around improving your video techniques. They're short, clear and concise and like Nalts, he uses his kids for his tutorial videos.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home