Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Best 20 Revver Posters

So it's time to create a "Best of Revver Posters" list. I'm nominating the following, in no particular order. Please post a comment if I've missed anyone. You are allowed to nominate yourself, but not if you have one video of a screaming kid that only 3 people watched.

1) MadV: Terrific magic tricks. How does he do it?
2) DogToons: The Nick & Haig series is hysterical. Great animation and very subtle, realistic dialogue.
3) Nalts: Okay I'm nominating myself. Most of my stuff is for parents, but some of it (like the crank calls) appears to have wider appeal.
4) Etoll: I propose this one with some reservations. Some of the videos are deeply disturbed or vial. But with more than 100 posts in the past few weeks, it's one to watch (with one eye shut).
5) MarquisdeJolie: Revver wouldn't be Revver without James Jarvis and his more than 450 posts. He's been quiet lately (hopefully he's not back on the streets again).
6) Angelcore: Some interesting stuff- especially Jen Never Drinks.
7) MondoMedia: Only three posts, but popular and funny (not for kids, though... I found that out the hard way).
8) FireX_51485: These are long, and somewhat offensive. But some are funny, and they inspired some of my prank calls.
9) DeadTroll: Some very funny pieces here. Worth a visit to the site too.
10) VidLit: For some upscale humor... literary.
11) AquaDad: An active member of the Revver community, Aquadad has some nice ones, and also posts as MTBR777.
12) DWestlake: Who can forget the Red Couch series that dominated "most watched" for months?
13) FireFoxFlicks: About 150 entries to the FireFox contest. Some classy material.
14) Firmino: Interesting stuff. Love that lightening strike.
15) NobleChain: To be honest, I haven't watched any of these since the pointless illegal parking videos. But there are nearly 400 videos, so (to quote Jarvis) "there must be something good in there."
16) Prince Charles: Again, with 432 posts, there must be some material in here. Anyone have time to sift?
17) IDoNothingAllDay: Brilliant. Guy takes candid shots of beautiful women in NYC. More than 100 to date.
18) FrogPrintz: Mostly other peoples' commercials, but some are really funny.
19) Digital: Aside from FireFoxFlicks, I don't think there's been a more popular Revver video than "The Easter Bunny Hates You."
20) PowerLoafer: Some very well done vignettes about office life.

3 Comments:

At 5/27/2006 4:08 AM, Blogger Oxford2 said...

Cheers,

I am one of the consumate fans of Frogprintz. His nature video series is outstanding, very mesmerising. Available on his website. The orignal commercials are his, but broadly copied and altered.

 
At 5/27/2006 9:10 AM, Anonymous Katey said...

I just love what frogprintz do. He is a big MTV contributor and makes these wonderfully funny 2-3 minute spots. You've probably seen lots of his work but just didn't know it. I'm glad he decided to start posting his work here.

 
At 5/27/2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Katey said...

B-T-W

I almost forgot why I started this link ..... I bought his DVD set from off his website. In a word - fantastic

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home