Thursday, May 18, 2006

Consider the Lobster

A REVVER Editor's Pick with zero views?

Yep. Several days without a single view. Well, it got me curious finally, so I watched it. I figured if the nice people at Revver thought it was good, then I just might like it.

And I did like it. It's called, Consider the Lobster.

Turns out, it has a literary bent to it. And, if like me, you're a David Foster Wallace fan, then you found yourself an entertaining little gold mine. He reads his own text, about despising all things touring and tourist-related, accompanied to some great Flash (I believe) animation. It really adds up to an entertaining experience.

The company who created it, Vidlit, has a website at www.VIDLIT.com. And it looks like they take book excerpts ("Chunklets" I think is what they called them) that mixes the author reading from his or her own work with some great animated visuals.

Something new and interesting for you Revverites to keep an eye out for and evidence that Editor's Picks are often some of the better things to watch out there.

But that's just my opinion, check it out for yourself. AquaDad

(Please note, I am not affiliated with Vidlit in any way shape or form. I don't believe Nalts is either)

3 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 11:08 PM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

Sorry, the link didn't fire up like I thought it would.

Here is the link for Consider the Lobster: http://www.revver.com/video/24341

(if it doesn't work just cut and paste it)

 
At 5/19/2006 3:34 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

That's cool. I'm going to buy that for my trip to the Grand Canyon.

 
At 1/18/2007 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Mac OS X software,news driver ,games
http://spdimon.info

Bye

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home