Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Washington Post Stole My Idea

Great Bloggers follow at least 4 commandments. Commandments one and two are using catchy headlines and writing with giant egos. I, of course, am a humble guy born in New Orleans. But if I may... The Washington Post clearly read my recent post containing public-relations advice for Revver. The Post, in another article about YouTube, "lead" with a YouTube video poster who is an amateur political commentator. My point was that company stories don't sell as well as human interest ones. To be fair, I learned that from my first editor, Warren Rogers, who was a reporter for The Washington Post, where he covered Kennedy. If Rogers was alive today, I'd be receiving printed copies of each blog post in the mail, each containing dense edits in a light blue pen. Since The Post taught Rogers who taught me who taught the Post again... all's fair.

Great Bloggers also make up words- that's commandment 4. So here's mine for today. "Regisized." That's when you get over-hyped in the media like Regis was during the 10 minutes people cared about "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire."

Friends, YouTube is getting Regisized now. I propose the YouTube public relations lady knows that's her risk because she's declining interviews and she certainly didn't return my calls after my recent prank call. Fly too high and your wings melt. Oh- 35 people have viewed the YouTube prank call on Revver, but only 10 on YouTube. That's highly suspicious. Can I accuse them of burying the video?

Oh yeah. Conspiracy theories. That's commandment 4.

1 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

The press keeps stealing my stuff, too. But at least they aren't fabricating stuff about me, ala "Shattered Glass" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323944/)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home