Tuesday, May 02, 2006

YouTube Prank Call

Well- folks seemed to like yesterday's Revver prank call (and it's surprisingly and editor's pick). Now let's see how good of a sense of humor the YouTube folks have. It took some serious dialing-for-dollars to finally find a phone number for YouTube- they're not listed anywhere. What I didn't know is that the number I got was the head of public relation's cell phone. So I've destroyed that number!

Anyway... what happens when you put a dumb Southern guy on the phone with a web 2.0 company's media handler? Listen to find out- Julie handles it pretty well despite her best efforts to get me off the phone. And to be clear- I'm allowed to make fun of Southerners because I'm from the South.

5 Comments:

At 5/02/2006 2:07 PM, Blogger Nalts said...

My plan was to crack that BudLight with my teeth and drink it during the call. But I had to use all my brain power just to keep her from hanging up. If this thing goes viral, I want some free Bud Light out of it. It looks like a product placement.

 
At 5/02/2006 3:11 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

As co-chair of The DSGK, Dumb Southern Guys Coalition, Local #3, I must object to any references to tooth abuse. We dumb southerners take pride in the teeth we have left and vehemently oppose tooth abuse. The generally accepted method of bottle opening is to use the inside latch recess of your pickup's doorwell.

 
At 5/02/2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

(now watch; Nalts will make a video of THAT!)

 
At 5/02/2006 7:04 PM, Anonymous Drew said...

Brilliant. This is one of your best pieces in years. Love the fact that she told you to go tubing. Snark.

-d

 
At 5/03/2006 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best viral video ever:
Revver Prank Call
Best supporting viral video ever:
You Tube Prank Call

Lots of Love,
Dot Com

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home