Wednesday, June 21, 2006

David Chappelle Competition

Stop procrastinating on your David Chappelle video. I’m sure there are some ringers that will wait until Sunday night (deadline is 6/25), but right now the odds are nearly guaranteed that I’ll win a 4-day, 3-night expense-paid trip to New York City.

Why? I’m one of only 3 entries.
Here’s my entry (it’s actually my kids). You can't vote yet, but rest assured I'll tell you when you can.

The Kiss Kiss Bang Bang contest saw about 20-30 videos that arrived within hours of the deadline, so hopefully that’s what will happen here. I’m all for some competition. My piece isn’t that great, so I welcome the opportunity to lose to something better. I do, however, want that that damned plasma tv from the KissKiss competition.
Note that after you upload it, you need to market it. Get it on social networking sites, blogs, and e-mail. Manipulate the votes- it helps you and Chappelle.

Here are the guidelines
, and below is an overview:
Promotion from major Hollywood studio and video-sharing service encourages users to submit funny and creative personal video content. To celebrate the DVD release of Dave Chappelle’s Block Party on June 13th, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Revver.com (Revver Inc.) today launched “Invite Dave Chappelle to Your Block Party,” a national online promotion encouraging fans to submit funny, creative personal videos through the contest’s Web site, http://www.blockpartycontest.com. In the spirit of Dave Chappelle’s trademark comedy, contestants will upload their videos humorously begging the comic superstar to attend their fictional block party.

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2006 5:12 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

What happened to the vote tally and voting buttons? They're gone. MORE technical problems? JeZUS!

 
At 6/26/2006 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I can't load the Chapelle page. Must be a Revver production.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home