Tuesday, June 13, 2006

How Much Money Do I Make Per View?


I've posted this to the Revver forum (thanks for the new password, Rob).
So click here to respond.

Revver is on a pay-per-click (PPC) model, meaning no money is exchanged unless a viewer completed a video and clicks the ad. As someone who buys online media, I'd say they're leaving "money on the table." There's a value in impressions too.
That said, what are folks finding is their view/earnings ration? In other words, take your total views and divide them by the money you've made.
ROUGHLY I think a view is worth about 1 cents. That's because click-thru is about 3-4 percent last I calculated (although that's tough to determine anymore). So 100 views gets you 3-4 clicks which are about 30 cents.
Anyone else have other data? Clearly this depends on:
1) The quality of the ad
2) The location of the video (theoretically, videos on Revver get fewer clicks than those that live elsewhere).
3) The view/completion ratio- for videos greater than a few minutes, probably very few people will complete it and see the ad. For example, if you click the dollar art above, you'll get my 3-minute "Rich on Revver" video. You probably won't complete it but my "views" will jump.
4) The quality of the video (although I'm not inclined to think this is a big factor.

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2006 3:57 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Is it just me or does your dollar bill oragami look like a medical illustration of a female reproductive system? I seem to see the ovaries and the uh, what are they called? Folopian tubes?

Just me, huh?

 
At 6/13/2006 4:27 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovary

 
At 6/13/2006 5:28 AM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

There's that triangular shape of the uterus. I'd recognize it anywhere.

Ok. Now fold a dollar bill so that it looks like a spewing bottle of Mentos-filled diet Coke.

 
At 6/13/2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

Ha! Never drink water and read Marquisdejolie!


So, if you drink a diet coke and eat mentos at the same time will your stomach explode? This harkens back to the old Pop Rocks and Soda urban legend (also a Nalts video).

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home