Saturday, July 22, 2006

Feeeeed Me!


Here's the page to generate your own custom Revver RSS feed:
http://revver.com/feeds

It sorts by most recent now! If you want to share your feed and get an affiliate fee add ?affiliate=xxxx (where xxxx is your affiliate code). For example, if I want to share a URL for people to subscribe to my videos AND I want to get the affiliate credit, I use:
http://revver.com/feeds/users/nalts?affiliate=8097.

I'd recommend you use "?affiliate=8097" if you don't have an affiliate fee. That will, um, increase the chances of load balancing and reduce problems with permission errors.

P.S. If you don't know what an RSS is PLEASE take a second to set up a custom Google page and insert some of these URLs into an RSS. In 12 months you won't know a single person who doesn't syndicate RSS feeds. Don't be the last.

10 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 6:09 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I've got some sort of block or something. This stuff forkulates my head. I can't get it.

 
At 7/22/2006 6:19 PM, Anonymous Metaltype said...

Are you sure that RSS now sorts by most recent? I've incorporated the excellent "Joke of the Day" into my video site via the feed and it doesn't seem to have updated in the last few days

 
At 7/22/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Uh, derrrr, how do I SHARE my feed?

 
At 7/22/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

I mean, how do I share my feed with my friends who are barely able to comprehend email?

 
At 7/23/2006 5:50 AM, Blogger Nalts said...

Ahhh... good point. There needs to be an idiot-proof feed reader. Maybe I can figure out how to have the feed appear on www.iforgotthedomain.com.

 
At 7/23/2006 9:30 PM, Anonymous rrr said...

Try democracy - http://getdemocracy.com -

jarvis for your stuff do this (in democracy)

add channel:

http://revver.com/feeds/users/marquisdejolie

democracy has versions for Windows, OSX and Linux.

 
At 7/23/2006 9:36 PM, Anonymous rrr said...

metaltype -- by default sorted by most recent:

feed://www.revver.com/feeds/latest/

is the latest 50.

if you want just your stuff (i don't know your user name) use the:

feed://revver.com/feeds/users/yournamehere

joke of the day is:

feed://www.revver.com/feeds/users/mlesser3

and there has not been a new joke since 7/21/2006

 
At 7/24/2006 5:02 PM, Anonymous Metaltype said...

Thanks for that RR. I originally used tags/mlesser3 which produces slightly different results.

I parse the feed into HTML using Feedburner.com and only use the top four which don't seem to run in date order, currently they are July 13, 10 12 and 14! In that order!

 
At 7/26/2006 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys, we've updated the RSS feeds to offer sorting features so you can now sort your feeds by the newest videos first.

For example, Nalt's feed would be:



http://revver.com/feeds/users/nalts/?affiliate=3331&sort_order=desc&sort_by=created_on

Available sorting options include:
sort_order: 'desc' or 'asc'
sort_by: 'created_on', 'title', 'duration', or 'mediaSize'


asi
Revver - Web Services

 
At 7/26/2006 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To get around the bloggger column size limit - imagine this all on one line:

http://revver.com/feeds/users/nalts/
?affiliate=3331&
sort_order=desc&sort_by=created_on

asi
Revver - Web Services

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home