Friday, July 21, 2006

Finding Your Own Videos (lost on Revver)

Just yesterday I had two people (a co-worker and brother-in-law) ask me how they can see my latest videos easily.

Unfortunately, I haven't found an easy way. A search for my username (Nalts) on Revver lists videos in random order -- as opposed to chronologically like YouTube does. The RSS feed address doesn't post the most recent three videos either. Besides, this would serve up any video that used the word "Nalts" in a tag.

I have the same problem finding my videos. If I want to dig up a video I did a few weeks ago, it can take up to 5 minutes of digging around because of the lack of an organized view via Revver. There ought to be a way to sort our videos by date, views, and title.

Has anyone figured out a way around this? I've been holding off on a "work-around" because I assumed we'd have a new Revver and this functionality would be resolved.

One last-resort would be to create a blog that posts every Revver video. Then there'd be one location to search recent videos, and RSSing it would show the most recent three. But that seems like a lot of work.

Suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 7/22/2006 2:31 AM, Anonymous rrr said...

How about this:

http://revver.com/feeds

In the top box type Nalts

Click the icon (this works best in safari or an actual rss reader - not Firefox 1.x or IE) - sort starts with the most recent.

Want to make sure you get credit if you syndicate that?

http://revver.com/feeds/users/nalts?affiliate=8097

that's your affiliate id, nalts.

one more trick while I've got your attention:

go to iTunes.

Select Advanced \ subscribe to podcast.

put in that same url (http://revver.com/feeds/users/nalts)

Holy crap. Now I don't even have to use a browser to get my nalts fix.

That's right.

 
At 7/22/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

Okay, uh, der...I can use this like a search tool, right!? Nice search tool. Is that it? Does it do anything else?

 
At 7/22/2006 11:31 PM, Blogger Marquisdejolie said...

What I'm doing on my main blog is putting in links to websites I'm creating for each subject set of my Revver videos. I've already got the first one done: "Videos About Homeless Shelters"

Then I'm going to have a link to a website that deals only with my videos about family and another website of videos only about crack motels and so on. I should have about 9 or 10 websites linked to my main and perhaps one or two backup blogsites when I'm done.

Obsessive compulsive?

 
At 7/23/2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous rrr said...

marquis/jarvis, soon this will be a lot easier... if you can hold out a bit for some of the new tools coming I promise it'll make doing what you're trying to do about as simple as it can get.

rob

 
At 7/24/2006 1:00 PM, Anonymous AquaDad said...

Wow, I step away from Revver and Nalts stuff for 4 days and look at this cool new "feeds" deal! Can't wait to get home and try it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home